Tuesday 29 December 2015

Christmas 2015: Gingerbread House

So, my friend ordered a Christmas themed cake for his Christmas gathering with church friends.

I did some research and found inspiration from Yolanda Gampp. She did a cake underneath the gingerbread house.

Question is, how do I make the gingerbread? I didn't feel like making them from scratch nor buy any mold just for the Christmas.

And so, after some consulting with my bestfriend, aka Mr. Google, I found that there are gingerbread house kits available in the market! So it started with overseas findings (IKEA elsewhere) and finally.. voila! I found it! It is available in our local IKEA too!

I gave them a call and confirmed that they had stock, went down and got these:

4 packets of Gingerbread House and 2 packets of the Xmas Tree

They smell really good I tell you
The little kiddo said he didn't feel like eating anything else but this coz the whole house filled
with its aroma..

Did a trial run (just the Gingerbread House) - no cake underneath
And the boy has a smashing good time!
THE ACTUAL CAKE
- There is a chocolate cake beneath the house ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment